SHINGLE ROOFING IN MESA, AZ
For skilled shingle roofing in Mesa, AZ, turn to the pros at Axis Roofing.
Asphalt shingles are affordable, come in a variety of colors and styles, and are easily installed by roofing experts.
Properly installed asphalt shingles may last from 20 to even 60 years depending on the weather.
Roof shingles are a very commonly used roof covering made out of individual, uniformed pieces that overlap each other. The pieces that make up a shingle roof are flat, rectangular shapes equally lined up next to each other covering the entirety of the roof.
If you do have a problem with some of the shingles on your roof, it’s an easy fix, as shingles can be replaced one by one. Not to mention, with asphalt shingles, you won’t run into the issue of rusting!
Ready to transform your roof with durable and stylish asphalt shingles? Explore our range of high-quality shingle options and get started on your roofing project today! Contact us today at (480) 605-3399.
What Are The Signs Of Asphalt Shingle Roof Damage Or Wear?
Signs of asphalt shingle roof damage or wear can vary depending on the specific issue and the severity of the problem.
10 signs to look out for:
- Missing Shingles: If you notice some shingles are entirely missing from your roof, it's a clear indication of damage. Strong winds, storms, or improper installation can cause shingles to become dislodged.
- Curling or Buckling Shingles: Shingles that are curling at the edges or buckling in the middle are signs of weathering and aging. This can occur due to prolonged exposure to the sun and extreme temperature changes.
- Cracked Shingles: Shingles with visible cracks are compromised and can allow water to seep into the roof layers below.
- Granule Loss: Asphalt shingles have protective granules on their surface. If you find excessive granules in your gutters or notice bare spots on the shingles, it could be a sign of wear and tear.
- Discoloration or Staining: Dark streaks or stains on the roof might indicate algae or moss growth, which can damage shingles if left unchecked.
- Sagging or Drooping Areas: If you notice sagging or dipping sections on your roof, it could indicate underlying structural issues or damage to the roof decking.
- Leaks or Water Stains: Inside your home, water stains on ceilings or walls are clear indications of roof leaks. However, keep in mind that water can travel along internal structures, making it essential to trace the source carefully.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal roof joints and prevent water penetration. Damaged or loose flashing can lead to leaks.
- Age of the Roof: As asphalt shingle roofs age, they become more susceptible to various issues. If your roof is approaching its expected lifespan (typically around 20-25 years), it's essential to monitor its condition more closely.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Mold or mildew growth on the roof can damage shingles and cause further deterioration.
What is the Life Expectancy of Different Grades or Qualities of Asphalt Shingles?
The life expectancy of asphalt shingles can vary depending on their grade or quality. Generally, asphalt shingles come in three main grades:
- 3-Tab Shingles: These are the most basic and economical asphalt shingles. They typically have a shorter lifespan, ranging from 10 to 20 years, depending on the climate and maintenance. They are a good option for budget-conscious homeowners or those planning to sell their homes in the near future.
- Architectural Shingles (also known as Dimensional or Laminated Shingles): These are mid-range asphalt shingles and offer improved aesthetics and durability. Architectural shingles typically have a lifespan of 20 to 30 years or more, with proper maintenance. They are a popular choice for homeowners looking for a good balance between cost and performance.
- High-End Designer Shingles: These are premium asphalt shingles that often mimic the look of other materials, such as wood or slate. They are known for their durability and aesthetics. High-quality designer shingles can last 30 years or more, with some even having warranties of 50 years or more.
Keep in mind that the life expectancy of asphalt shingles can be influenced by various factors, including:
- Climate: Shingles in areas with extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, strong winds, or intense sunlight, may have a shorter lifespan.
- Installation Quality: Proper installation by experienced professionals can significantly extend the life of your shingles.
- Roof Pitch: The pitch or slope of your roof can affect how well it sheds water and snow, which can impact the lifespan of your shingles.
- Ventilation: Adequate roof ventilation helps prevent heat and moisture buildup, which can contribute to shingle deterioration.
- Maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance, such as cleaning gutters and removing debris, can help prolong the life of your shingles.
- Warranties: Pay attention to the manufacturer's warranty for the specific shingle product you choose, as it can provide valuable information about the expected lifespan.
It's important to consult with a roofing professional and carefully consider your specific needs and budget when selecting asphalt shingles. Quality installation and maintenance are key factors in ensuring your asphalt shingle roof reaches its expected lifespan.
Asphalt shingles are one of the most common types of roofing material you’ll see in the Valley.
In a state where the heat can reach temperatures up to 115 degrees sometimes, you’ll want the best protection for your home to keep the heat out and the cool in.
Lighter-colored shingles reflect heat and maintain coolness in your home during the summer. This is why you typically won’t see dark-colored shingles in Mesa.
- Shingles may last up to 60 years
- Individual shingles can be replaced
- Come in a variety of styles
- More affordable
- No rusting
In addition to keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, there are many other benefits to installing roof shingles in Mesa and the surrounding communities.
You can choose from numerous colors and styles from trusted brands with proven longevity.
For experienced roofers and courteous service, you can count on Axis Roofing. We’re the go-to shingle roofing company in Mesa, and we know a thing or two about the importance of dependable roofing.
If you’re looking for shingle roofing installation, a repair, or just a check-in, we’re here for you.
Dependable Shingle Roofing Company
We opened our business in 2018 and live by our slogan to Be Different to Make A Difference! We stand out from the competition by cultivating staff members with many years of experience in the roofing business.
Our team consists of veterans from the insurance industry who can help customers wade through claims and questions from their insurance companies.
We have more than 15 years of experience with insurance companies and will advocate on your behalf. So, if you’re worried about filing a claim and don’t know where to start, we can help.
We live and breathe customer service because we know our business can’t thrive without great customer relationships and referrals. That’s why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for roof shingles installation and replacement.
We offer a variety of options. Call to learn about the details.
Our team is fully licensed, insured, and vetted.
Get started by giving us a call and setting up a free estimate.
Roofing emergencies can't wait. Call for immediate help.